An instant guide to using Richard I and the best talent trees for him! One of the very first Legendary commanders you want to look at in Rise of Kingdoms.
Richard I Skills
Soul of the Crusaders:
Healing slightly wounded units in Richard’s army. Add a debuff for a maximum of 5 targets in the fan-shaped area. (Debuff feature decreases the damage and parade speed within 2 seconds.)
- Heal coefficient: 600 / 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1400
- Decrease damage: 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%.
- Decrease express march: 5% / 7% / 9% / 12% / 15%
Hold him in 1-star level, then upgrade max skill 1. Should not upgrade him to 2 or 3 stars when you haven’t done max skill 1.
If you use a correct talent tree, Richard can heal 4300 troops maximum for once. Terrific!
Because of slow infantry marching speed, decreasing the marching speed of enemies will help infantry less insecure in battlefield.
You need to upgrade max skill 1 as quickly as possible. Do you know Richard 5000 can solo play with many 5-5-2-2 commanders?
Increase troops’ counterattack damage and damage reduction. This buff can be applied for every garrison when this leader is serving as a garrison commander.
- Decrease losses: 5% / 7% / 9% / 12% / 15%
- Increase counteract: 4% / 5% / 6% / 8% / 10%
When you boost counteract damage to 10%, this mean increasing all effective of damage to 5% because 50% summary of damaging force of you is counteract damage. So good, right?
Increase damage and defense for infantry.
- Increase infantry damage: 5% / 7% / 9% / 12% / 15%
- Increase infantry defense: 5% / 7% / 9% / 12% / 15%
A simple skill for infantry commander. It’s the reason why Richard should bring pure infantry to promote the whole strength.
Increase healing effects for the army and decrease damage of the watchtower.
- Increase healing feature: 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%.
- Decrease damage of watchtower: 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%.
Such a wonderful skill! Increasing healing ability for army to up to 30% means that in a war, you have an insane advantage.
This skill is valuable when attack and conqueror. The damage reduction of rival watchtower helps decrease maximum loss when attack because the damage of the watchtower is huge.
Reduce 5% every damage taken, rise 2% damage that infantry caused to cavalry. Besides, after every 10 seconds, decrease the march speed of the target to 50% in 5 seconds.
It’s a amazing skill of Richard. Damage was reduced 30% in skill 1, and more 5% for now. So easy, right?
Infantry is slow so that when declining march speed’s enemy helps to balance maneuver between 2 parties. Helpful!
How should I use Richard I?
|Troop Type||Position||Primary Commander||Secondary Commander|
- Keep him at 1 star level until you max out his skill 1.
- Upgrade to 2 star and maximum skill 2. However, if you think you could not boost maximum skill 2 of Richard I in a proper period of time, then upgrade to 4 stars immediately after promoting max skill 1.
- If max skill 2 of Richard and you still have much money, upgrade to 3 stars and increase max skill 3.
- Continue upgrading to 4 star and develop the greatest every skills of Richard I. When you reach 4 star, you can stop rising level for Richard if you only plan him to be a supporter. If not, you use him as a main, then develop the level gradually.
Pairings with Richard I
Richard + Charles: Infantry or mix troop. It’s one of the strongest couples in-game. Richard with Charles is a heavy couple. About the longterm game, it’s perfect choice. However, the disadvantage os this match is less damage.
Richard + Joan of Arc: Infantry or mix troop. It’s the best-tanking combo for group fights. In big battles, rival doesn’t consider tanking to be a goal. This will help Joan free, unlock her full potential of the buff skill.
Richard + Hannibal: Infantry or mix troop. It’s a good choice with many debuffs. Notice about this match, Richard is the main commander.
- Richard + Caesar: Infantry or mix troop
- Richard + Eulji: Infantry or mix troop
- Richard + Scipio: Infantry or mix troop
- Richard + Boudica: Infantry or mix troop
- Richard + Pelagius: Infantry, cavalry or mix troop
Semi-Support or Support
Richard can be matched with every commander, depend on your purpose on the battlefield. Good matches: Hannibal, El Cid, Cao Cao, Boudica, Joan, Belisarius, Hermann, Pelagius, Eulji and Cleopatra.
Surround – Rally
- Richard + Charles: infantry.
- Hannibal + Richard: infantry.
Best Talent Trees for Richard I
This is currently the best talent tree build for Richard I in Rise of Kingdoms. Best for any position of him in the game.